[ISLMA-Share] Books in HS Classes

Wed Oct 19 13:58:41 CDT 2016

At Downers Grove North, these are extra books I'm aware of.  I think there
are more (especially in science) that I'm not aware of.

*Science*:

Your Inner Fish

*Social Studies* We do a lot of lit circles with History, Psych & Gender
sections each do lit circles. Some titles include:

Eagle Blue

Rez Life: An Indian's Journey Through Reservation Life

Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee

Lakota Woman

The Cheyenne Indians: Their History and Lifeways

>From the Deep Woods to Civilization

Changes in the Land

Unbroken

perks of being a wallflower

A Child Called IT

Girl In Pieces

League of Denial by Mark Fainarul

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

I Hunt Killers

The Lucifer Effect

The Secret

A Monster Calls

The First Time She Drowned by Kerry Kletter

All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

Beyond Magenta: Transgender Teens Speak Out

Everyday by David Levithan

Some Assembly Required

Becoming Nicole

Americanah

I am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the
Taliban – Malala Yousafzai

I Am Woman: A Native Perspective on Sociology and Feminism by Lee Maracle

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan

A Thousand Splendid Suns

Middlesex

Asking for It: The Alarming Rise of Rape Culture and What We Can Do about
It by Kate Harding

Missoula by Jon Krakauer

GOAT

>From Jim Crow to Jay-Z: Race, Rap, and the Performance of Masculinity by