[ISLMA-Share] African American characters that are not slaves or fighting for equal rights

Wed Oct 26 14:04:05 CDT 2016

The Red Pyramid and the rest of the series (biracial)

________________________________
From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] on behalf of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association [islma at list.railslibraries.info]
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 1:02 PM
To: Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] African American characters that are not slaves or fighting for equal rights

A fifth grade teacher has asked for titles of books for fifth graders that have African American characters that are not slaves or fighting for equal rights.

I suggested Crossover and The Great Greene Heist by Varian Johnson. Of course, I'm drawing a blank for any more, and I'm in the middle of my book fair, so can't get to my shelves to browse.

I'd love to hear your suggestions!

Thank you!

--
Ms. Pamela L. Meiser