[ISLMA-Share] Fwd: Author visit-Kirby Larson

Thu Oct 27 15:39:02 CDT 2016

Hi,

My school has invited Kirby Larson to be our One Author, One Community
author for this school year. She will be traveling to Chicago May 18 and
19th, 2017. We will host her here at St. Francis on the 19th and Sunset
Ridge School District is hosting her for one session on Thursday, May 18.
We are looking for her to visit another site on the 18th for one or two
presentations. The cost for a single presentation is $700 plus a 1/3 share
of Kirby's travel expenses. Below is a detailed email from Kirby's
scheduler with more information. If you are interested in joining us in
hosting Kirby, please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Linda

St. Francis Xavier School
808 Linden Ave.
Wilmette, IL 60091
lindasawyer at sfx-school.org

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michele Kophs <michele at provatomarketing.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 4:54 PM
Subject: Re: Author visit
To: Linda Sawyer <lindasawyer at sfx-school.org>, Kirby Larson <
kirby at kirbylarson.com>, Trish Andrew <trishandrew at sfx-school.org>

[image: Duke]  [image: Dash cover]  [image: Nubs_Cover]  [image:
two_bobbies_color]  [image: Hattie Big Sky Newbery]  [image: Hattie 2 Cover]
  [image: friendship doll]  [image: Image]

Linda,

Thank you for your interest in an author visit.  Kirby Larson’s
presentations bring the creative writing process to life.  Her award
winning books include:  *Dash, Duke*, *Hattie Ever After*, *Hattie Big Sky*,
*Two Bobbies:  The True Story of Hurricane Katrina, Friendship and
Survival, *and* Nubs:  The True Story of a Mutt, a Marine and a
Miracle. * Kirby
is currently scheduling for 2017.

*Author's Home:  *

Seattle, WA

*Suggested Audience:*

K-12; Educators

*Author's Honorarium 2014-15:*

$2000 per day plus expenses, if applicable

$1400 per half-day (2 presentations) plus expenses, if applicable

Skype Sessions – See Attached

A full-day includes three presentations of your choice, a book signing and
lunch with the author for small groups of students or faculty.  I have
attached information about her visits including her presentations,
biography and quotes from recently visited schools.

Please call if you have any questions or need more information.  Looking
for grant or funding resources?  Please check:
http://www.provatoevents.com/grant.html

Please call if you need more information.  I look forward to hearing from
you.

Thank you,

Michele Kophs

Provato Events

15114 NW 7th Ct.

Vancouver, WA 98685

360.597.3432 Direct  |  646.219.4841 Fax

www.kirbylarson.com