[ISLMA-Share] book or story title help?!

Fri Oct 28 08:26:54 CDT 2016

I have a student racking her brain trying to figure out a short story,
bible verse, or book. This is what she remembers: It is about a king or man
that would toss all his valuables into the sea to show the people/kingdom
that he was so wealthy he could toss his riches away. However, at night he
would use a net to pull everything back to the castle. She remembers
hearing it from our history teacher who for the life of him can't remember
the story at all - lol! After doing some online searching we got a few hits
from Bible versus - but they don't quite fit the story.
Thanks in advance!