[ISLMA-Share] Audible

Fri Oct 28 11:21:29 CDT 2016

I use Audible.com in my library.  I bought a year subscription ($249.00),
and that gave me 24 books credits.  I purchased books that align with our
curriculum (1 credit per book).  I then purchased three iPods and
downloaded the Audible app.  Kids check the iPods out like they are books
and listen to the books that their class is reading.

So far it's worked beautifully!  Sometimes I can't get them back in a
timely fashion, which worries me because if a kids breaks or losses an
iPod, it's big bucks to the parents to replace.  Keeping my fingers crossed
with that!

Good luck!

Happily Ever After,

*Karrie Fisher*
Library Director &
Photography Teacher

*"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks
about education."  -- Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education*

*Baker Demonstration School*
201 Sheridan Road | Wilmette, Illinois 60091
t: 847-425-5800 | f: 847-425-5801

*Love to Learn, Cherish the Journey, Serve the World**
<http://bakerdemschool.org>
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Baker-Demonstration-School/92910953966>
<https://twitter.com/BakerDem>* <https://instagram.com/bakerdem/>