[ISLMA-Share] Nonfiction! Native astronaut! MISSION IN SPACE

Mon Oct 31 09:26:18 CDT 2016

Good morning!

Early this morning, I read John Herrington's MISSION IN SPACE. It gave me a
high, of sorts, to read such a cool book right now.

Here's why: tomorrow is the first day of November. November is usually
proclaimed, by the president, as Native American Month.

Herrington's picture book about his training and time on the space shuttle,
Endeavor, and the International Space Station gives me a lift. It helps me
blast off, in a way. Yeah--I know--that all sounds corny but it is an
accurate description of my emotional reaction to *Mission in Space*. This
book is terrific!

My review, with some images from inside:
https://americanindiansinchildrensliterature.blogspot.com/2016/10/john-herringtons-mission-to-space-is.html

Debbie

Debbie Reese, Ph.D.
Tribally enrolled: Nambe Pueblo

Publisher of American Indians in Children's Literature
<http://americanindiansinchildrensliterature.net>
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/debreese
Email: dreese.nambe at gmail.com