[ISLMA-Share] Holiday Book Club ideas

Mon Oct 31 13:41:58 CDT 2016

I am at a high school but last year we made ornaments from the pages of old
books.  There are a ton of ideas on Pinterest and they were so easy to
make.

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 12:48 PM, Email list for the Illinois School
Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> I do a middle school book club!
>
> November - I have them make turkeys out of Oreos
>
> Decemember - I have done these
> Decorate cookies or cupcakes
> Make a tree (out of sugar cone and icing)
> Cut shapes out of Rice Krispies and decorate
>
> There are tons of ideas on Pinterest for crafts too.
>
> You can email me directly if you have questions or want to share more
> ideas.
>
> What book are you reading?
>

> Deanne Guccione, Librarian
> Pleasant Plains Middle School
> dguccione at ppcusd8.org
> Currently Reading:  School of the Dead
> [image: 27210365]
>
> Just finished:  Two by Two (Don't waste your time.  It was terrible.)
> [image: 30002998]
>
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 11:53 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
> Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> I have a group of middle schoolers meeting for a book club a week before
>> Holiday Break. I need some fun activity to do after we discuss our book.  I
>> want it to be "Holiday like."  I am not sure if I want to do a gift
>> exchange.  Has anyone done something fun??
>>

>> --
>> *Kelly Cook*
>> Library Media Director
>> Rotolo Middle School
>> Batavia, Illinois 60510
>> 630-937-8707
>> kelly.cook at bps101.net
>>

>> Currently Reading: *Paper Cowboy* by Kristine Levine

*Rachel Bielby, MLIS*
Librarian
Sacred Heart-Griffin High School
Springfield, IL 62702