[ISLMA-Share] Holiday Book Club ideas

Mon Oct 31 13:44:20 CDT 2016

Try a "library book exchange."  Students draw names for a gift exchange,
but instead of buying books, they each *find a library book* that they
think the other person would like.  They wrap the books and complete the
package with a card that explains why the book was chosen for the
recipient.  The person who receives the book gets to check it out and take
it home for the holidays.

This is even more special if there are* new *books to choose from!  This
kind of exchange is especially nice for those students who struggle to
afford gift exchanges.

Michelle Harris
Heyworth CUSD #4

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 11:53 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> I have a group of middle schoolers meeting for a book club a week before
> Holiday Break. I need some fun activity to do after we discuss our book.  I
> want it to be "Holiday like."  I am not sure if I want to do a gift
> exchange.  Has anyone done something fun??
>

> --
> *Kelly Cook*
> Library Media Director
> Rotolo Middle School
> Batavia, Illinois 60510
> 630-937-8707
> kelly.cook at bps101.net
>

> Currently Reading: *Paper Cowboy* by Kristine Levine

Michelle Harris
District Librarian
Heyworth CUSD #4