[ISLMA-Share] Assistive Technology grant?

Fri Sep 2 13:10:11 CDT 2016

Good afternoon, everyone.
We have two students at our school this year who are dealing with difficult conditions. One has Spina Bifida and the other Muscular Dystrophy. Both are taking regular classes and managing to navigate just fine through the halls and the crowds with minimal assistance. One big issue we are now noticing is that our regular desks and chairs in most classrooms are not conducive to either of the boys' needs. We are hoping to purchase a few desks that we can scatter around the school in their classrooms (moving from year to year to appropriate locations) in order to best serve our students.

I wanted to see if anyone knew of state funds or public or private grants that might help differ the costs a bit for these new desks. I appreciate any advice you can send my way.

Have a lovely long weekend!

Kristen Rademacher
Librarian
Eco Club Director