[ISLMA-Share] Guinness World Record books

Fri Sep 2 14:34:53 CDT 2016

We only carry *Guinness World Records* at our junior high. I purchase one
copy and when it falls apart, I don't replace it.

For my K-2 and 3-5 buildings, I purchase the annual *Scholastic World
Records* books (in paperback), which are more age-appropriate. They fall
apart pretty quickly though (pages fall out), so I just remove the falling
out pages and continue to circulate until they're literally coming apart at
the seams! The kids don't really notice the missing pages. I don't replace
those books, either.

We DO carry the *Guinness Gamer's Editions* in our 3-5 and junior high.
Those are VERY popular and seem to hold up better. I keep them until they
fall apart, even if they're a few years old.

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 10:47 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> I am in a PreK-8 school and just wondering what you do in your library
> about the GWR books.
>

> How far back in years do you keep the GWR books in your library?
>
> When editions are damaged beyond repair, do you replace older versions,
> i.e., 2004 with a newer copy?
>
> What grade do children in your elementary schools start checking them out?
>
> Thanks for filling me in!
>

> Happily Ever After,
>

> *Karrie Fisher*
> Library Director &
> Photography Teacher
>
> *"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks
> about education."  -- Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education*
>

> *Baker Demonstration School*
> 201 Sheridan Road | Wilmette, Illinois 60091
> t: 847-425-5800 | f: 847-425-5801
>

> *Love to Learn, Cherish the Journey, Serve the World**
> <http://bakerdemschool.org>
> <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Baker-Demonstration-School/92910953966>
> <https://twitter.com/BakerDem>* <https://instagram.com/bakerdem/>

*Mrs. Lura O'Phelan*
*District Library Coordinator*
*Skokie/Morton Grove School District 69*
*5100 Madison St.*
*Skokie, IL 60077*
*(847)675-3048 x1161*