[ISLMA-Share] One Book, One School AND Sister School Projects - Middle School

Fri Sep 2 15:00:15 CDT 2016

Hi All,
I hope the school year is going well so far for those of you already back
at school.
I want to pick the collective brain about a couple of things:

1. *ONE BOOK, ONE SCHOOL TITLES*
We are trying to brainstorm titles for a one book, one school selection to
be used for summer reading for our middle school students next year with
follow-up with programs and events in Fall 2017.
What books have you used successfully with middle school students?

2.* SISTER SCHOOLS*
For the last several years, the middle school where I work has partnered
with charities where we direct fundraising efforts for the year toward the
cause and build student learning experiences that go along with the
organization's work.
This year I proposed building a sister school(s) type of relationship as
the project for the year where we could bring students together and build
some sort of collaborative learning projects to learn with/from students
from different types of communities (Highland is a suburban school).
Has anyone worked with a sister school in the past?
Would anyone be interested in talking about such a partnership with your
school?
(Nothing is official yet...but I want to do the background work).

Thanks for any insight and interest,
Erin

Erin Wyatt, Ph.D.
Learning Center Director