[ISLMA-Share] youtube for CPS teachers

Thu Sep 8 15:02:55 CDT 2016

teachertube may be helpful.

*Peace,*

*Coni Stracner Teacher Librarian @SMS *
*​*
*​I am reading: ​All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr​*
*I just finished reading: *
*​Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel​*
*I am listening to: ​​Love in the Time of Cholera by ​Gabriel Garcia
Marquez​*
*Ask me about these books!*

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 12:36 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Thanks!
>
> Colleen Beierle
> “The mission for school library programs is to ensure that students are
> effective users of ideas and information by being critical thinkers,
> enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of
> information.”
>
> Zorana Ercegovac
>

> On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
> Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> You can still access it, but it takes a couple of extra steps. When you
>> type in youtube.com, the restricted page notice will come up. Click on
>> "Login", type in your username and password. A separate window will pop
>> open (make sure your popup blocker is off); you will need to keep this
>> window open. Go back to the browser and type in youtube.com again and
>> you should be able to access it.
>>
>> Anna Kim
>> School Librarian
>> Chappell Elementary School
>> akim6 at cps.edu
>>
>> "Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men."
>>

>>                      -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
>>
>> Follow me on Goodreads
>> <http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/3232421-anna-kim>!
>>

>> On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
>> Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> have we been bumped off youtube again??? I am insulted that the
>>> higher-ups think we can't choose appropriate materials for our students.
>>> I am trying to teach ESL 2nd graders about cowboys. I can read books or
>>> ebooks and explain, but videos would be best. I can't even come up with
>>> something on Pecos Bill except for youtube options.
>>> What sites are you using for videos?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Colleen Beierle
>>> colleen.beierle at gmail.com

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this email
transmission is confidential information which may contain information that
is privileged. The information is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity named above. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail
or any attachment, or any information contained therein, by any other
person is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any
action in reliance on the contents of this email transmission is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email transmission in error, please
return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from your computer. Although
we attempt to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, we do not guarantee
that either are virus-free and accept no liability for any damage from
viruses.