[ISLMA-Share] SHARE: "The Power of Sharing Stories in the Stacks" by Kate Messner

Thu Sep 8 17:19:23 CDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,

Donalyn Miller (aka The Book Whisperer) and I are the editors of Reader
Leader, a blog that shares independent reading best practices including
relevant research, timely educational news, and stories from the field. In
the coming months, we will share essays written by Andrea Davis Pinkney,
 Todd Nesloney, Cynthia Alaniz, Jewell Parker Rhodes, Ernest Morrell, and
more.

Award-winning author Kate Messner is the first contributor for the
2016-2017 school year. She focuses on book talking strategies that will
empower students. http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/
readerleader/sharingstories-090816

I hope you have the BEST school year ever!

Happy reading!

-John

P.S. Have you read Ms. Bixby's Last Day yet? It is sooooo good!
http://mrschureads.blogspot.com/2016/09/ms-bixbys-last-day-by-john-david.html

John Schumacher, M.Ed, MLIS
Ambassador for School Libraries