[ISLMA-Share] YA Day Announcement, Registration

Wed Sep 14 09:20:53 CDT 2016

We are excited to announce that, Adam Selzer, the Chicago based YA and
middel grade author will be speaking to the students after lunch, and then
working with our HS Writer's Workshop students in the afternoon. Sign up
soon!

Forms are available at: *YA DAY Documents for Participants - Google Drive
<https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2Id0T29cpGmM21iOV9rcDVJYjA&usp=sharing>
*and
need to be submitted by October 22. Please send questions to
*confyaday at islma.org
<confyaday at islma.org>*

YA DAY Documents for Participants - Google Drive
<https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2Id0T29cpGmM21iOV9rcDVJYjA&usp=sharing>

8-9 am Registration (outside the South Suite) with Makerspace time

9-10 am  Tour the ISLMA Store and Anderson’s Store; Author Showcase

10-11 am Breakout Sessions
Breakout Session #1: Makerspace Activity
Breakout Session #2: How to Get Published Panel Discussion (Local authors)
Breakout Session #3: Manga/Comic Book Session
Breakout Session #4: TBD

11-12 pm Author/Illustrator Q&A

12-12:45 pm Lunch (Large Room), Keynote by Adam Selzer

1-3:15 pm Split by Group Age (3-3:15 is for awards and clean up)
Battle of the Books
Writer’s Workshop
-----------------------------------
*The 2016 ISLMA Battle of the Books Book List*

   - Cinder by Marissa Meyer
   - Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan
   - Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library by Chris Grabenstein
   - Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
   - Hidden by Helen Frost
   - I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912 by Lauren Tarshis
   - Matilda by Roald Dahl
   - Michael Vey: The Prisoner of cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans
   - Rump by Liesl Shurtliff
   - See You at Harry’s by Joanna Knowles
   - Sidekicks by Dan Santata
   - The 13 - Story Treehouse by Andy Griffiths