[ISLMA-Share] Spanish call numbers

Fri Sep 16 16:02:42 CDT 2016

Hi everyone!
I have a question about call numbers for books in Spanish. What format do
you use? I have seen the prefix ELL used before anything else for
fiction/non fiction, but ELL stands for English Language Learner, so it's
not exclusively for Spanish.
Currently in my library I have some books that have:
- F Spanish (and then 3 letters of the author)
-Some only have have F and then 3 letters of the author, just like the
books in English
-The NF books don't have anything, just the Dewey number followed by first
three letters of the author
They all have "Español" stickers on the spine, but I would like a common
way to identify all the books in Spanish, regardless if they are F or NF.
What do you use in your library? I am in a junior high (6-8).

Thanks!

[image: photo]
*Sofía Huitrón*
LRC Director, Grove Junior High School
847-472-3022 | huitron.sofia at ccsd59.org | www.ccsd59.org
<http://twitter.com/sofiahuitron>
"We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our
youth for the future." - Franklin D. Roosevelt
Get a signature like this: Click here!
<http://ws-promos.appspot.com/r?rdata=eyJydXJsIjogImh0dHA6Ly93d3cud2lzZXN0YW1wLmNvbS9lbWFpbC1pbnN0YWxsP3dzX25jaWQ9NjcyMjk0MDA4JnV0bV9zb3VyY2U9ZXh0ZW5zaW9uJnV0bV9tZWRpdW09ZW1haWwmdXRtX2NhbXBhaWduPXByb21vXzU3MzI1Njg1NDg3Njk3OTIiLCAiZSI6ICI1NzMyNTY4NTQ4NzY5NzkyIn0=&u=998600610114086>