[ISLMA-Share] Outside the Box.

Mon Sep 19 08:40:44 CDT 2016

Our school does this for one day every other year.  Students can lead
sessions as well as adults.  We call it Spartans Connect [Spartans being
our mascot, of course :)].  The All School Workshop committee organizes
it.  They present the day as a chance for students, staff, and other
members of the community to "lead a wide variety of workshop sessions
designed to engage students in exploring their interests.... Our continued
mission is to create sparks, ignite passions, and make connections through
diverse experiences".

Registration is open to faculty first and later, students.  In the past,
there have been sessions related to health (bike rides, runs, yoga),
cooking (the asst. principal leads one on New Orleans cuisine), crafts (arm
knitting), and a variety of topics of interest. The committee's goal is to
have at least 100 workshops.

I attached a copy of the participation form so you can take a look.

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 4:33 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library