[ISLMA-Share] Outside the Box.

Mon Sep 19 08:46:30 CDT 2016

Look at Adlai E. Stevenson High School in Lincolhnshire, Illinois. They run
Odyssey every 2 years.

*~Monica*
Currently reading* Between the World and Me
<http://titlepeek.fsc.follett.com/tp/query?action=3&subnumber=1206365&isbn=9780812993547&appid=4>*by
Ta-Nehisi Coates
Currently listening to *The Rosie Project
<http://titlepeek.fsc.follett.com/tp/query?action=3&subnumber=1206365&isbn=1476729085&appid=4>
*by Graeme Simsion

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 10:08 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> My high school is trying to think outside the box for 2-3 days - we want
> to take 2-3 days before spring break and have the kids learn something they
> don't have in their regular schedules. i.e. the shop teacher teaches a
> session in playing euchre or the English teacher teaches knitting. We may
> bring in a few outside community leaders to help.
> I need help with ideas to present to the "stubborn" teachers.  I know
> other schools have done this before-- What did you call it? I don't want to
> reinvent the wheel I would love to hear your ideas!
>
> Developing Independent Life Long Learners!
>
> Feel free to email me off the listserve.
>
> --
> Jennifer Carlson
> jcarlson at rowva.k12.il.us
> ROWVA LMC Director
> Junior Class Sponsor
> Student Council Sponsor

Pursuant to Illinois’ public records law, this electronic communication may
constitute a public record. Please be advised that this email may be
subject to monitoring and disclosure to third parties.