[ISLMA-Share] CSLP School Outreach Survey *please excuse cross-postings*

Tue Sep 20 15:12:03 CDT 2016

The Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) is a consortium of states
working together to provide a unified summer reading theme along with
professional art and evidence-based materials, so that member libraries can
provide high-quality summer reading programs at the lowest possible cost.
CSLP aspires to play a significant role in literacy initiatives and to
facilitate libraries’ participation in literacy initiatives.

Currently schools are not provided membership; however the CSLP is
exploring ways in which it could support schools’ efforts to partner with
their public library, promote summer reading, or even host on-site summer
programs. Your responses will help the CSLP identify the needs of the
schools and determine how those needs might be supported with CSLP
resources.

In order for the School Outreach Ad Hoc Committee to move forward in our
research on CSLP participation from schools and summer learning agencies,
we need to know what our schools and agencies are doing and where they
would like to go. The Committee has created a survey with some essential
questions.

The survey link is:   https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2017SchoolSurvey

The deadline for this survey has been extended to midnight - CDT Friday,
October 7, 2016.
Thanks!

*Mission:*
“To provide a unified summer reading theme along with professional art and
evidence-based materials so that member libraries can provide high-quality
summer reading programs at the lowest possible cost and to play a
significant role in literacy initiatives.”

*CSLP is an alternative to various other options that exist for summer
reading. You decide which option is best for your library. If I can help in
any way, let me know!*

Jean Jansen
Youth Services Manager
CSLP State Representative-Illinois