[ISLMA-Share] H.S that allow Food in the Library

Wed Sep 21 09:49:30 CDT 2016

We’ve always allowed food and drink in the library and just ask that students keep it away from computers and other technology. Students often bring in their breakfast items, snacks, etc. before school, and it has never really been much of a problem. Spills happen on occasion, but kids are typically really good about it. We don’t make it a big deal unless there is a recurring problem, and they take care of us for the most part.

Michael Dorsam
Teacher/Librarian
Boiler Media
National Honor Society Adviser
Bradley-Bourbonnais Community High School
700 W. North St.
Bradley, IL 60915
(815) 937-3707, ext. 6063 or 6061
Currently Reading: The Boy in the Black Suit,, Jason Reynolds
“Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.”
                                                                              -- Muhammad Ali

From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 9:39 AM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] H.S that allow Food in the Library

Hi my fellow librarian peeps,

We are trying to change the culture at my school to be more inclusive of allowing students to eat snacks in the library.  Are there any HS librarians that are willing to share their policy and experience with food?    Thanks in advance for all your help.

Best,
Jennette

Jennette Gonzalez
Library Director