[ISLMA-Share] Anime Clubs

Wed Sep 28 09:14:53 CDT 2016

We do have a Anime/Manga Club in our school sponsored by the library. It is student-driven. They meet every Friday in the library's conference room and watch anime together for an hour and half. Once a year, we sponsor a steampunk/cosplay day, and I bring in a cake and we watch a Studio Ghibli movie on the flatscreen in the library. They typically have strong opinions about both graphic novels and manga, and their recommendations have informed our collection development.

As a group, they are the nicest, most accepting group in the school.

Hope this helps!
Gretchen Zaitzeff
Librarian
University High School
Normal, IL

________________________________
From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] on behalf of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association [islma at list.railslibraries.info]
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:59 AM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] Anime Clubs

Does anyone have any anime clubs in their schools?  Our HS principal was approached by a couple of our students to start one.  She was going to refer them to the art teacher, but then after reading some of the articles, and references to Manga, she wondered if I could be involved.  We don't have Manga in our library--a few graphic novels, but nothing that you would consider Manga.  Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

--
Carolyn Gephart
District Librarian

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
This message contains confidential information intended only for use of the person named above and may contain communication protected by the Illinois School Student Records Act.  If you have received this message in error, you are hereby notified that dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message is prohibited, and you are requested to notify the sender of the message immediately at the email address listed above and delete this message and copies of backups thereof.

islma-leave at list.railslibraries.info