[ISLMA-Share] ProQuest SIRS and Chromebooks

Thu Sep 29 13:16:33 CDT 2016

We are experiencing the same problems.  We are also having trouble using Noodletools.  Are you?

From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2016 9:56 AM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] ProQuest SIRS and Chromebooks

Has anybody else been having major difficulties with operating SIRS on their Chromebooks?  While I love the new updates that make it easier to save and export articles, I would love it more if it wasn’t kicking my students out of the site about every third topic or article that they opened.  These problems appear to be mostly when working with Chrome as my library computers with Firefox and Safari don’t seem to be experiencing the same problems.

We have used this problem for years, and this is the first time we have ever experienced connectivity issues.  We are working with tech support, but I wondered if anybody else has already encountered this program and has a solution.

Jeanne Brucher
Teacher-Librarian
jbrucher at geneseoschools.org<mailto:jbrucher at geneseoschools.org>
Geneseo Middle School (309) 945-0524