[ISLMA-Share] Challenged Book

Thu Sep 29 14:19:30 CDT 2016

Nancy,

Offer the parent an opportunity to file a formal challenge; but keep the
book on the shelf until she does so. Then follow your policy.

Also, please report the challenge to ALA's Office for Intellectual Freedom:
http://www.ala.org/bbooks/online-challenge-reporting-form.  You can do so
anonymously, if you'd like, but it's important for them to track what books
are being challenged and in what locations so that they can better support
those who do request assistance.

Thanks.
Megan Cusick

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 1:55 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library