[ISLMA-Share] New stuff in Library

Fri Sep 30 09:43:29 CDT 2016

Lucky you!

We are also getting new flooring, and we went with a tile/carpet mix. Carpet in the study areas and tile in the high traffic ones. We have plans to build sound proofing panels in a variety of colors for the walls.

If you can get outlets in the floor, that's handy.

Shelving and tables with wheels will make your space adaptable and very versatile.

Our chairs have rockers at the base which in my mind is essential--it keeps people from pushing back on the chair legs.

We have a flat screen hooked up to a computer, a VHS/DVD player and a Bluray player--very convenient for instruction and meetings.

Some kind of comfortable seating that you can reconfigure is very inviting.

We have short shelves in the floor space and tall shelves along the walls.

We also have a separate space that is glass enclosed we use as a quiet study space--best investment ever!

Hope this helps!
Gretchen Zaitzeff
Librarian
University High School
Normal, IL

________________________________
From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] on behalf of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association [islma at list.railslibraries.info]
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2016 9:03 AM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] New stuff in Library

Morning –

I’ve seen this before, but Im reaching out!

I was informed that I have the ability to update my library after 20 years!

I’m in need of:

carpet ideas (what works – I have very high ceilings so I’m worried about echoing)
New tables and seating arrangements
Possible ideas to converting to a 1:1 space.
Shelfing.

If anyone has pictures or companies they have used that can point me in the right direction, that would be great!!!

Thanks.

Amy Stefanski
District Librarian
Dunlap School District
Media and Book Club Sponsor
astefanski at dunlapcusd.net<mailto:astefanski at dunlapcusd.net>
@LibranSki    @AmyNSTEM

Disclaimer: Your transmission of electronic mail to this address represents your consent to two-way communication by Internet e-mail. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer on which it exists.

islma-leave at list.railslibraries.info