[ISLMA-Share] Class Book Recommendations

Fri Sep 30 19:32:59 CDT 2016

You could also try bookopolis…I’ve used it with 2nd graders to write book reviews and to recommend books to each other.

From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2016 8:47 AM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: Re: [ISLMA-Share] Class Book Recommendations

My first thought is to use Goodreads.  He can create a class group and then add bookshelves within the group (with tags for genre).  He can make the group private or only open to users with a certain email extension.  Students could join Goodreads using their school email and then request to join the group.  Then they post reviews and recommend books to one another.

Students in our reading classes use Goodreads and it seems to work well.