[ISLMA-Share] Author Visit Suggestions

Thu Apr 6 07:53:44 CDT 2017

I would recommend David FitzSimmons
<http://plathrop103.weebly.com/2015-16-david-fitzsimmons.html> who visited
Half Day in 2015-16. I would also recommend Brad Herzog
<http://plathrop103.weebly.com/2016-17-brad-herzog.html> who visited Half
Day this year.  Both were HUGE hits with students and teachers.  Click the
name links to see some of the things we did this year & feel free to
contact me for more specifics.
:0) Patty

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 8:14 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Aaron Reynolds has been our favorite author visit for that age group. His
> presentations are interactive, high energy and extremely engaging for the
> kids.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Apr 5, 2017, at 6:59 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library
> Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
> Hi there!
>
> I am wondering if anyone can share the name/s of any engaging, impactful
> authors, who have visited their school. We are an EC through 2nd grade
> building.
>
> Also, I would really appreciate if you can share through email (
> llenzini at d103.org) any authors you would not recommend or who you would
> caution against hosting. I think one on one email is probably best, because
> I certainly don't want to create a negative chain of messages - just
> looking for a jumping off point and to avoid taking any wrong turns.
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Mrs. Lauren Lenzini, M.S.Ed.
> Second Grade Teacher
> Laura B. Sprague Elementary School
> 2425 Riverwoods Rd.
> Lincolnshire, IL  60069
> (847) 945-6665 Phone
> (847) 945-6718 Fax
> Class Webpage <http://d103.haikulearning.com/llenzini/2ndgradefrogs>
> Sprague Webpage <http://www.sp.d103.org/>
>
> *Our Mission: To provide innovative learning experiences that empower each
> student to excel and make a difference in a diverse and interconnected
> world.*
>
> See what our class is up to on Twitter!
> <https://twitter.com/2ndGradeFrogs>

> *Confidentiality Notice*: *This message and any attachments may contain
> confidential and privileged information that is protected by law. This
> information contained herein is transmitted for the sole use of this
> intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient or designated
> agent of this recipient of such information, you are hereby notified that
> any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this email or the
> information contained herein is strictly prohibited and may subject you to
> penalties under federal and/or state law. If you received this email in
> error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this
> email.*

P. Lathrop
Teacher-Librarian
Half Day School