[ISLMA-Share] Bar codes for chromebooks?

Thu Apr 6 10:42:56 CDT 2017

We are not a 1 to 1 district so the library checks out 60 chrome books to
students in classes and study hall all day.  I added a title to Destiny
with 60 copies, printed barcodes and labeled the back of the individual
chrome book.  I use a Google sheet to check out each hour instead of going
in and out of Destiny, which means a student library worker or library
assistant scans the student ID and then scans the chrome book.  We have
very little vandalism on the chrome books because the students understand
that staff knows who has which computer. We have done this for years and it
works well.

Carolyn Kinsella, District Librarian
Minooka Community High School
ckinsella at mchs.net

Central Campus
301 S. Wabena Ave.
Minooka, IL  60447
PH: 815-467-2140 ext. 5040

South Campus
26655 West Eames
Channahon, IL 60410
PH:  815-521-4217

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Hello, all!
>
> Do any of you work with your tech people to bar code the Chromebooks or
> any other computer inventory?
>
> Thanks in advance for any and all information!

This message originates from Minooka Community High School District #111.
It contains information that is confidential or privileged and is intended
only for the individual or entity named above. It is prohibited for anyone
else to disclose, copy, distribute or use the contents of this message. All
personal messages express views solely of the sender, which are not to be
attributed to MCHS District #111, and may not be copied or distributed
without this disclaimer. If you received this message by mistake, please
notify us immediately at 815-521-4017