[ISLMA-Share] Destiny 14.5

Sun Apr 9 12:13:11 CDT 2017

Bev, do you already have Destiny, but are trying to decide if you want to
upgrade or not? Follett can tell you the changes that come with the
upgrade. I know one difference was the colors and the icons. I think there
was a huge outcry about a light blue font that got "fixed" immediately
because so many people complained about how hard it was to read. My
district must have upgraded after that was changed, because I haven't seen
any light blue.

My district has upgraded and if you came to my school to learn about the
upgrades, I couldn't tell you anything other than the colors and icons. I
would have to research any other changes.

I know one of the things I'd *really* like changed wasn't included in the
upgrade. I want the kids' nicknames to come up any time I search them, or
AT LEAST on the check out screen. I enter them all, why can't I ever choose
display them? My kids have unusual nicknames (at least to me) or go by
middle names. Muhammed = Nader, Syed Majid goes by Majid. Wen Han and his
brother Wen Jake go by Han and Jake. Ruija goes by Cindy, Xin goes by
Sally, John is called Jett, and Elias goes by Louie (?!)  If I called on
the kindergartner named Elias, he wouldn't even answer - he doesn't know
his real name is Elias, he only knows himself as Louie! (Took me two weeks
to figure out that the Elias on my class list actually *was* present.) I
can't change their names in Destiny because they get updated by our SIS and
will get changed right back the next day. The nick names I've entered
"stick."

Sorry for the rant. I keep entering this as a suggestion for an upgrade. If
it bugs you, please suggest it to Follett! If enough of us ask, perhaps it
will happen. In fact, I haven't submitted it as a suggestion lately. It's
time to do that again!

Pam

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 4:00 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Hello out their in school library land! I am doing some research for our
> school District on the latest version of Follett's Destiny, version 14.5.
> Are any of your libraries using it? If so would you let me know through my
> email address below and hopefully, I can plan a visit to see what
> improvements it includes.
> Thank you!!!
> Bev
>
> Beverly Frett
> School Library Advocate and Lifelong Learner
> Naperville, IL
> beverly_frett at ipsd.org
>
> *“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."*
> Dr. Seuss

Ms. Pamela L. Meiser
*Library Information Teacher*

*Barbara B. Rose Elementary School*