[ISLMA-Share] Bill O'Reilly Books?

Fri Apr 21 12:13:09 CDT 2017

I'm a middle school librarian and am tempted to remove the "young readers"
adaptations we have of two of his books, but so far I am resisting this
self-censorship urge. Kind of similar to overcoming my personal distaste
for the man when I purchased them to begin with. . .

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:12 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> Are any high school librarians out there weeding the Bill O'Reilly books?
> Tempted to weed them but not going to?
>
> Just curious.
>
> *Mrs. Karen Kruckenberg, MS Ed. TS *
> *LIS Endorsed*
> Library Media Center Director
> Harvard High School
> District 50 Library Media Chair
> 815-943-6461 Ext. 2299 <(815)%20943-6461>
> http://harcohilmc.weebly.com
>   <https://twitter.com/KarenKruck>
> *"What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared
> was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one
> who wanted to read one."  -Neil Postman*
>
> *Currently reading "Norse Mythology" by Neil Gaiman*

Mrs. Mary Clare O'Grady
Library Learning Center Director
Monroe Middle School
Wheaton-Warrenville CUSD 200

--

This electronic mail message may contain confidential and proprietary
information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,