[ISLMA-Share] Battle of the Books

Wed Apr 26 11:18:51 CDT 2017

Sometimes the actual Battle books aren't appropriate for our age group, or
we can't get enough of them. We used March Book Madness this year, and
worked with our public library to get enough copies of the books to
actually run the competition.

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 3:50 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> I do not use the Battle website etc.  I inherited sets of books with
> questions 5 years ago, so I have used mostly those and added/swapped 2-3
> books each year.  We do 3 classroom rounds and then the top classrooms
> compete against each other.
> I guess I choose my books from what I have a lot of copies of and any that
> I come across that I think are really good.  I try to have several #1 books
> in a series in hopes they will go on to read the rest of the series.  I
> also do a book from the same author for all grade levels - ex.  *Honus
> and Me* for 4th grade and *Jackie and Me* for 5th grade.
>
> This year I did a Breakout EDU with my battle team revolving around the
> books they read.
> You can contact me byager at d23.org if you want more info.
>

> On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 1:52 PM, Email list for the Illinois School
> Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> Hi Everyone,
>> We are having our first Battle of the Books next week.  Does anyone have
>> any tips or pointers to give me before the chaos?  Also, I have noticed
>> that other schools are not using the actual "Battle of the Books"
>> website/books/questions...can someone explain to me why you would do that
>> and how you chose your books?  Just thinking to next year already! Thank
>> you so so so much in advance for answering!  If you want here is my school
>> email: cbauer at johnsburg12.org
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Chrissy Bauer
>> JES LC

> Please contact us if you would like this communication translated into
> your native language.
>
> Por favor, póngase en contacto con nosotros si desea que esta comunicación
> traducido a su idioma nativo.
>
> Prosimy o kontakt z nami jeśli Państwo potrzebują aby ta wiadomość została
> przetłumaczona na język Polski.

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson,  Media Assistant
Avon Center School
CCSD 46

*Home of the Novas *
1617 N. Route 83
Round Lake Beach, IL  60073

847.543.5509
wilson.christine at d46. <http://wilson.christine@d46.k12.il.us>org

*Please consider the environment before printing this email *