[ISLMA-Share] Self Checkout/Flex scheduling

Wed Aug 2 09:22:23 CDT 2017

I am with grades 4-8 on a (mostly) flex schedule. There are plenty of times that I’m out of the library during instruction, co-teaching, and collaborative meetings.

I’d like to implement a self checkout station for the first time this year. Does anyone else do this with middle school? I’d love to hear about your process and any words of wisdom!

My plan is to create library cards (printable from Destiny) and color code them for each homeroom and grade level. Students will be able to access their cards when I am out of the library and check out on their own.

Any tips for how to ensure students use only their library card? Or do you recommend having the students search for themselves in Destiny and checking out that way?

Thanks for any and all advice!
___
Lauren Gray
Learning Center Director

Sunset Ridge School
525 Sunset Ridge Road
Northfield, IL 60093
grayl at sunsetridge29.org

“A library is more than a collection of dusty old books. It is a place to learn, explore, and grow!”
-Mr. Lemoncello in Escape From Mr. Lemoncello’s Library

--
*This e-mail message contains information that may be privileged
or confidential and is the property of the Sunset Ridge School District. It