[ISLMA-Share] Typing skills programs on the web for free

Tue Aug 8 13:30:23 CDT 2017

I found wonderful resources for little ones on teacherspayteachers.com that
help explain which fingers go with which keys - something typing club does
not explain. Kids appreciated being able to use these colored charts to
practice at their desks.

​
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Keyboard-Activities-K-2-1987396?aref=jj5umrsx

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Typing-Practice-with-Printable-Keyboards-483619

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 8:55 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Dear Library Media Friends:
>
> I am looking for suggestions as to what you have used with your elementary
> students for typing skills—specifically, ones that you can access on the
> web for FREE.  We are using “out of date” Android-based tablets with mini
> keyboards attached. We have used Typing Club, Dance Mat Typing and Peter’s
> Online Typing, in the past. Wondering of you had any other suggestions?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Laura O’Brien
>
> Media Assistant at BenGil Elementary School
>
> Gillespie, IL

*Mary Richars*

Librarian/Teacher

Dieterich CU #30

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop
reading them." Ray Bradbury

Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back
the right one. Neil Gaiman