[ISLMA-Share] Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller

Wed Aug 9 10:18:56 CDT 2017

Sue, please contact Donna German at donna at arbordalepublishing.com. She has
an idea to help your K-5 students.

Lynne Rathmell

Arbordale Publishing ... Formerly Sylvan Dell Publishing
612 Johnnie Dodds Blvd., Suite A2
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
843-971-6722 (off), 877-243-3457 (toll free), 843-216-3804 (fax)
donna at arbordalepublishing.com
Catalog and Order Form
Science and Math Through Picture Books

-----Original Message-----
From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info
[mailto:islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for
the Illinois School Library Media Association
Sent: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 10:15 AM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller

I am on a quest to instill a love of reading in my students. Many of them do
not read the books they check out or can't remember what the books were
about.

Have any if you tried the 40 books per year and the genre requirements from
The Book Whisperer in your library program?  I do give ABC grades to my K -5
students. If so, how did it work, do you have any tips for implementation?

If not, but you've thought about it, why did you decide not to do it.

Many thanks in advance,
Sue Meegan
Calumet City

Sent from my iPhone