[ISLMA-Share] Newbie Questions -- Privacy and Volunteers

Mon Aug 14 07:34:44 CDT 2017

I have had one volunteer that I allow to check books in and out, even in my absense,  and while I was there.  But she is the only one and is with me every day. There are still mistakes made however. I think it's odd however, for a principal to dictate that you have to be out of the library though and still allow book checkout. I would try to understand why I have to be out and how well trained these volunteers are. I wouldn't want them to think they were running the library.
I send home late notices once a quarter with students. I am in an elementary school.
Hope this helps a little. Good luck!

Sue Meegan
Calumet City

Sent from my iPhone