[ISLMA-Share] Paraprofessional Interview Questions

Mon Aug 21 09:17:21 CDT 2017

Here are a few we have asked in the past:

1. What do you find interesting about this position in the library media
center?

2. Describe a typical day in your most recent position. What aspects of the
position gave you the most satisfaction?

3. Describe a situation where you needed to use software or technology that
you were not familiar with. How did you go about learning the new skill?

4. What types of material do you enjoy reading?

5. Part of this position involves supervision of students. If you observed
a group of students who were clearly off their assigned task, how would you
handle the situation?

6. School libraries want to be welcoming places for students and teachers.
What suggestions do you have for creating a positive environment?

Beverly Zbinden
Teacher / Library Coordinator
Niles North High School
9800 N. Lawler Avenue
Skokie, IL 60077
(847)626-2183

"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks
about education."
  - Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education

On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library