[ISLMA-Share] Paraprofessional Interview Questions
Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
islma at list.railslibraries.info
Mon Aug 21 09:17:21 CDT 2017
Here are a few we have asked in the past:
1. What do you find interesting about this position in the library media
2. Describe a typical day in your most recent position. What aspects of the
position gave you the most satisfaction?
3. Describe a situation where you needed to use software or technology that
you were not familiar with. How did you go about learning the new skill?
4. What types of material do you enjoy reading?
5. Part of this position involves supervision of students. If you observed
a group of students who were clearly off their assigned task, how would you
handle the situation?
6. School libraries want to be welcoming places for students and teachers.
What suggestions do you have for creating a positive environment?
Teacher / Library Coordinator
Niles North High School
9800 N. Lawler Avenue
Skokie, IL 60077
"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks
- Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education
On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library
Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
> I will be sitting in on interviews for a new library assistant this
> afternoon, and my principal asked me to ask the library related questions.
> I've never had to do this before. Are there questions that I should
> definitely ask? I'd love your input.
> *Stephanie Flott*
> Dwight Township High School Dwight Grade School
> 801 S. Franklin St. 801 S. Columbia St.
> Dwight, IL 60420 Dwight, IL 60420
> 815-584-6293 <(815)%20584-6293>
> 815-584-6239 <(815)%20584-6239>
> ISLMA-Share mailing list
> islma at list.railslibraries.info
> For list archives and subscription options, visit:
> To unsubscribe, send a message to:
> islma-leave at list.railslibraries.info
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AISLE