[ISLMA-Share] Book Checkout

Thu Aug 24 11:42:45 CDT 2017

I have a question regarding the books students check out.  This is my
second year as a teacher/librarian in a K-5 school library.  The previous
librarian had a "system" to limit the books students were allowed to check
out based on their reading level (as determined by Accelerated Reader/STAR
testing) as well as the type of book, itself.  For example, you must be in
third grade to check out Diary of a Wimpy Kid books and in fourth grade to
get Goosebumps books.  I understand the importance of students checking out
"just right" and age appropriate material, but this system is a bit
difficult to manage (particularly with me being new to the position).  It
is hard to keep track of what books students can/can't check out.  Do other
school libraries manage which books students check out?  If so, how do you
do so?  Thank you!

Stephanie White
--
*Stephanie White*