[ISLMA-Share] Audible?

Fri Aug 25 12:47:38 CDT 2017

I tried Audible in the library and I just couldn't make it work for us.
It's hard to make it work without a device dedicated to the account. Also,
there is no way to keep the device from having access to your audible
account. It is always possible that students will start to purchase books
without your approval.

Taryn Hettlinger Parise
Library Learning Center Director
Longfellow School
http://longfellowlib.weebly.com

*Now on Facebook (Longfellow School Library) and Instagram
(@longfellow_library)*

Currently reading: The Hollow Boy

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 11:37 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> I subscribe to Audible personally.  I love it.  Its competitors are
> https://www.recordedbooks.com/our-products/audiobooks, w
> ww.allyoucanbooks.com and www.simplyaudiobooks.com.  Recorded Books works
> with libraries only.
> <https://www.recordedbooks.com/our-products/audiobooks>
> Recorded Books - Audiobooks
> <https://www.recordedbooks.com/our-products/audiobooks>
> www.recordedbooks.com
> Recorded Books is the leading provider of audiobooks for libraries. As
> both a publisher and distributor, the company delivers a widespread and
> ever-growing selection ...
>
> <http://www.simplyaudiobooks.com/>
> Rent Audio Books on CD. Unlimited. Free trial | Simply ...
> <http://www.simplyaudiobooks.com/>
> www.simplyaudiobooks.com
> Rent unlimited audio books on CD. Over 46,000 titles. Get a free 15 day
> trial at Simply Audiobooks
>
> UNLIMITED Audiobooks and eBooks | All You Can Books ...
> <http://www.allyoucanbooks.com/>
> www.allyoucanbooks.com
> UNLIMITED Audiobooks and eBooks Over 30,000 books & works on all major
> devices Get ALL YOU CAN for FREE for 30 days!

This electronic mail message may contain confidential and proprietary
information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying or distribution of this communication is strictly
immediately delete this message and any attachments.