[ISLMA-Share] Audible?

Fri Aug 25 13:22:33 CDT 2017

We subscribe and we have about 10 ipod shuffles that we load books onto for
the kids.  They don't bring their own devices and don't have access to our
account.  So there is no trouble at all with confusion.  We download the
books onto one desktop in the library and we load the books onto the
device.  Each book is allowed (per audible) to be on three devices at once
before there is a copyright infringement.  We have three photos of each
book cover in pocket envelopes and the students bring those up when they
choose their books.  It sounds a bit confusing but once we got the system
in place it works great!  We love it!  And so do the kids!  Way cheaper
than PlayAways!

Becky

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Email list for the Illinois School
Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> Do any of you subscribe to Amazon's Audible for use in your schools?  We
> are considering it to gain access to audio books.  Anything we should be
> aware of?
>
> Thank you
>
> --
> Rosemary O'Connell
> Library Director
> Glen Crest Middle School
>
> Confidentiality Notice:  This email and any attachments are
> private communications and contain privileged and confidenti
> al information intended solely for the use of the
> individual or entity named.  If you are not the intended
> recipient, you are hereby notified that you should not
> review, use, disclose, distribute, copy or forward
> this email.  If you have received this email in error,
> please notify the sender immediately and delete/destroy
>  any and all copies of the original message.

Rockland Learning Center
All are welcome.
Please come visit.
Answers are waiting.
http://rocklandlearningcenter.weebly.com/

--
To ensure that District 70 students experience learning that prepares them
to live and work in the 21st Century