[ISLMA-Share] Free books to good homes!

Tue Aug 29 08:41:29 CDT 2017

I'm willing to bet there will be need for books for school libraries in Houston once the water recedes.

Brian Andrusyk
School Librarian/Sub Coordinator/Bookstore Manager
IC Catholic Prep
www.andrusykslibrary.weebly.com<http://www.andrusykslibrary.weebly.com/>

Currently Reading:
Born a Crime  by Trevor Noah

From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info [mailto:islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info] On Behalf Of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 6:57 AM
To: islma at list.railslibraries.info
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] Free books to good homes!

Good morning, everyone.
All our sophomore English 2 classes are working on a year-long literacy project in which a big portion is outreach into our community. One aspect of that is we are hosting a book drive in our school for gently used or new material at the K-12 level. The teachers anticipate all the books coming in during later October into November. Then, we will sort and box all the materials according to age range and genre for easy distribution.

Anyone out there in need of good quality books, mostly fiction with some non-fiction at the K-12 level? Books will be ready for pick up just after Thanksgiving through Christmas. Some could even be delivered by our students depending on distance. Please direct message me if you or school would like to be involved. We are hoping to get at least six schools participating.

Let me know if you need further information to decide. Thanks and have a great Tuesday!

Kristen Rademacher
Librarian
Eco Club Director
1 Book 1 Marist Director