[ISLMA-Share] Biblionasium -- Does anyone use this "Good Reads" version for kids?

Tue Dec 5 16:21:54 CST 2017

I just started using it with my school (grades 3-5) of about 650 students this year.
There's a lot about it that I like. It is private- students can only see reviews from other students in groups the admin has created- but there's no real opportunity for them to interact with the reviews of their classmates other than reading them if they happen to click on that same book. I wish they would at least post recent reviews from other students on the home feed or have a "like" button so students could interact with each other more.
It is a good place to keep their reading logs, and the report feature is great for the classroom teachers, but I'm not sure it's the perfect answer I was looking for when I was on the hunt for a Goodreads-like program for my school. I'm thinking of adding a flipgrid or edmodo component to my reading logs next year in addition to Biblionasium.
If you have any more questions, my email is cloizon at orland135.org.