[ISLMA-Share] Student Created Audiobooks

Tue Dec 5 19:07:37 CST 2017

I think if the student were recorded reading a book for an unshared
instructional purpose, ie. an assessment, that would be one thing. But to
record the book in order to make it available to others in lieu of buying
the copy would be an infringement. Most verso pages say you cannot
reproduce in any form and that would include recording. I'm NAL but very
interested in intellectual property issues!

On Dec 5, 2017 16:06, "Email list for the Illinois School Library Media
Association" <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:

> Part of the problem is that anyone with it on a flashdrive could post
> somewhere or share it that would cause a copyright infringement. All it
> takes is one file to start floating around... I suppose if the teacher has
> one copy that is viewed by students in his/her classroom and the file is
> not sharable and the file is destroyed immediately after viewing, that
> might work.
>

> We have found youtube videos of teachers reading our books and have filed
> infringement claims to have the files removed from youtube but who know
> where else the files have gone or been saved. Just saying...
>

> Lynne Rathmell
>

> *[image: LeafLogo-30016]* <http://www.arbordalepublishing.com/>*Arbordale
> Publishing* <http://www.arbordalepublishing.com/> *... **Formerly Sylvan
> Dell Publishing*
>
> 612 Johnnie Dodds Blvd., Suite A2
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=612+Johnnie+Dodds+Blvd.,+Suite+A2+Mount+Pleasant,+SC+29464+843&entry=gmail&source=g>
>
> Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=612+Johnnie+Dodds+Blvd.,+Suite+A2+Mount+Pleasant,+SC+29464+843&entry=gmail&source=g>
>
> 843-971-6722 <(843)%20971-6722> (off), 877-243-3457 <(877)%20243-3457>
> (toll free), 843-216-3804 <(843)%20216-3804> (fax)
>
> lynne at arbordalepublishing.com <http://donna@arbordalepublishing.com>
>
> *Science and Math Through Picture Books*
>
> Here’s a link to our online catalog
> <http://www.arbordalepublishing.com/documents/Catalog.pdf>. If you prefer
> to sort our books to see which books contain various animals or relate to
> specific subjects, you can do that by using the “sort” or “search” features
> found at the top right of our main book homepages
> <http://www.arbordalepublishing.com/bookhome.php>. You can also find
> regional or subject-specific Arbordale catalogs on Edelweiss
> <https://www.edelweiss.plus/#publisher=SYLV&folderID=9531&page=1>.

This e-mail message contains information that may be privileged or
confidential and is the property of the Board of Education of Deerfield
Public School District No. 109.

It is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read,
print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any
part thereof. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete all copies of this message. Any communication
sent or received by District 109 is a public record and may be subject to
inspection or copying under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).