[ISLMA-Share] Chromebook cart management question

Wed Dec 6 14:18:37 CST 2017

We have an iPad lab at Marian.  Whenever a teacher checks out the lab, a
binder goes with it.  Within the binder we keep the rules for the lab, a
form for the teacher to complete, forms for each class period, and tech
tips for problem solving.  All the iPads stay together in one room.

If individual students need a device, I have 10 iPad minis that can be
checked out.  The students need to bring in a signed Library Device Loan
Agreement prior to first checkout.  The replacement cost of the device
makes this a necessity.  I have never had a student lose or break a checked
out device.  One student returned a device late and had to pay a $15 fee.
These iPad minis are in my circulation system just like my  books.

I also have 5 chromebooks that I can check out, only to teachers.

If you would like me to send you copies of our policies and forms, just let
me know and I will send them to you directly.

Karen Varga

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 1:53 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> This is a question for any schools, particularly high schools not 1:1 who
> have Chromebook or laptop carts shared between teachers throughout the day,
> or if you had carts before you went 1:1, which is our situation.
>
> Do your teachers track which student uses which device? If so how?
> If not why not?
>
> Also, do you now or did you ever check devices out individually while at
> school from the library to students, and if so how do/did you track that?
>
> Thanks much for any ideas you can share.
> Pam
>

> *Pamela Huff*
> Teacher/Librarian
> Learning Center Director
> *Johnsburg High School*
> 2002 W. Ringwood Road
> Johnsburg IL 60051
> *815-385-9233 <(815)%20385-9233>*
>
> phuff at johnsburg12.org

*Karen Varga*
*Librarian,** Marian Central Catholic H. S.*