[ISLMA-Share] Chromebook cart management question

Thu Dec 7 07:58:56 CST 2017

We have 1 iPad cart per grade level, and each team works out the schedule
among themselves. The laptop cart is in the Media Center, and is scheduled
through the school Google calendar. We catelogue each item so we know which
item belongs to each cart, but they aren't checked out for each use.

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 2:18 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> We have an iPad lab at Marian.  Whenever a teacher checks out the lab, a
> binder goes with it.  Within the binder we keep the rules for the lab, a
> form for the teacher to complete, forms for each class period, and tech
> tips for problem solving.  All the iPads stay together in one room.
>
> If individual students need a device, I have 10 iPad minis that can be
> checked out.  The students need to bring in a signed Library Device Loan
> Agreement prior to first checkout.  The replacement cost of the device
> makes this a necessity.  I have never had a student lose or break a checked
> out device.  One student returned a device late and had to pay a $15 fee.
> These iPad minis are in my circulation system just like my  books.
>
> I also have 5 chromebooks that I can check out, only to teachers.
>
> If you would like me to send you copies of our policies and forms, just
> let me know and I will send them to you directly.
>
> Karen Varga
>
> On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 1:53 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library
> Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info> wrote:
>
>> This is a question for any schools, particularly high schools not 1:1 who
>> have Chromebook or laptop carts shared between teachers throughout the day,
>> or if you had carts before you went 1:1, which is our situation.
>>
>> Do your teachers track which student uses which device? If so how?
>> If not why not?
>>
>> Also, do you now or did you ever check devices out individually while at
>> school from the library to students, and if so how do/did you track that?
>>
>> Thanks much for any ideas you can share.
>> Pam
>>

>> *Pamela Huff*
>> Teacher/Librarian
>> Learning Center Director
>> *Johnsburg High School*
>> 2002 W. Ringwood Road
>> Johnsburg IL 60051
>> *815-385-9233 <(815)%20385-9233>*
>>
>> phuff at johnsburg12.org

> *Karen Varga*
> *Librarian,** Marian Central Catholic H. S.*

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson, MLIS, Media Assistant
Avon Center School