[ISLMA-Share] Kindles in the Library

Thu Dec 7 08:49:08 CST 2017

We have nooks in our library available for students to check out. While
they also require a credit/debit card number, we have activated the setting
requiring that purchases can not be made on the device without also typing
in the account's password (which of course the students don't know). I'm
not familiar with Kindles, but perhaps they have a similar feature in their
settings.

-Monica Fumarolo
Librarian
Lake Forest High School

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 8:36 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Hi,
> We are trying to set up Kindles for student checkout in our library. We
> have set up a generic account and a student account on the Kindle. When we
> try to download the Overdrive app that they will use to access the books,
> it asks us for a credit or debit card. Has anyone tried to use this in
> their library? How have you worked around that ? I appreciate any thoughts
> or insights!
> Thank you!!

Monica L. Fumarolo
B.A. - English, Secondary School Teaching
M.S. - Library and Information Science