[ISLMA-Share] livestreaming

Tue Dec 12 08:04:24 CST 2017

I had the idea at the last minute for an author visit last year to stream
to another school in our district.  I cleared it with the author ahead of
time, but the actual setup was too rushed.  I used a laptop running OBS
with an external camera to stream to our youtube channel.  I spent too long
making an overlay and not enough time thinking about audio.  I tried using
a snowball mic from about 10-15 feet away but didn't realize until I
started checking the stream that it sounded like we were in a wind tunnel.
I hadn't noticed I set the mic up directly under one of the blowers in the
ceiling...  I made adjustments, but the sound could have been better.

My advice would be to think about the audio.  That seems the most difficult
in terms of logistics.

--
John Casey
Library Lab Manager

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 5:46 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library