[ISLMA-Share] best databases/electronic subscriptions for middle school?

Thu Dec 14 09:45:45 CST 2017

We use Gale and also Infobase Learning. Like them all.
We use NoodleTools for citations. Not very expensive and lots of features
to help kids get and stay organized during their research.

Sally

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 2:06 PM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> Middle school librarians:
>
> What are your best databases or other electronic subscriptions?
>
> We already subscribe to several Gale databases and Britannica. I feel like
> our research needs are taken care of but maybe there are other resources
> out there I'm not thinking of. I'm wondering if there are other electronic
> subscriptions that would be excellent for middle school students.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Jamie Winchell
> Teacher Librarian
> Library Media Center <http://www.op97.org/julian/mediacenter>
> Percy Julian Middle School
>
> “Great books help you understand, and they help you to feel understood.”
> -John Green

Sally Duffy, Teacher-Librarian
Clarendon Hills Middle School
301 Chicago Ave.
Clarendon Hills, IL 60514
sduffy at d181.org

"There's no such thing as a child who hates to read; there are only
children who have not found the right book."  Frank Serafini, author.

--

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Illinois has a very broad public records
law. Most written communications (including email) to or from school