[ISLMA-Share] Early Childhood Library Advice Needed

Fri Feb 3 07:59:33 CST 2017

I am not sure what age you mean by early child hood. You can replace the archaic looking copies with newer books of the same title. When you do a collection analysis you will find books with 1997 publication date or an earlier publication date because a lot of your fairy tales, books like Mike Mulligan and his steam shovel were written a while ago. If the books are being used by your teachers in the building you can also withdraw them and give them to the teachers to use in their classroom. Lastly look at ISLMA and ALA websites for collection development policies and those that are established by your district.

Rati Singhal
LMS
Washington Elementary D87