[ISLMA-Share] Book recs

Thu Feb 9 08:16:37 CST 2017

*The One and Only Ivan*
*The Incredible Journey*

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 7:55 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library

> 1. *The One and Only Ivan*
> 2. *My Mother the Cheerleader *(loved this one), *Remember as you Pass Me
> By, Yankee Girl*
>
> *Carrie DeForest*
> *National Board Certified Teacher*
> Roselle District 12 Library Media Director
> Spring Hills Elementary School
> Roselle Middle School

> islma at list.railslibraries.info> 2/8/2017 4:06 PM >>>
> Hello! I need recommendations for 2 areas of classroom sets.
>
> 1. My 6th grade teachers are looking for books to use for lit circles
> regarding animal intelligence. Some ideas we had are A Dog's Life, Runt,
> Endangered, and A Dog's Purpose. Any new or better ideas would be very
> appreciated.
>
> 2. My 8th graders teachers are looking for books to use for lit circles
> regarding civil rights. Some ideas I had are Port Chicago 50, Warriors
> Don't Cry, Lions of Little Rock, and the Rock and the River. We definitely
> want something that is appropriate AND interesting for 8th graders. I would
> greatly appreciate all recommendations.
>
> Thank you!
> Rikki Steinmetz
> rikkir77 at gmail.com
>
> Sent from my iPhone

'Who needs a librarian when you have Google? Well, who needs a doctor when
you have WebMD?'

Gwyneth Jones, The Daring Librarian.com

Christine Wilson,  Media Assistant
Avon Center School
CCSD 46

*Home of the Novas *
1617 N. Route 83
Round Lake Beach, IL  60073

847.543.5509
wilson.christine at d46. <http://wilson.christine@d46.k12.il.us>org

*Please consider the environment before printing this email *