[ISLMA-Share] Book content

Thu Feb 9 08:28:17 CST 2017

It's an interesting comment on our society where we have to concern
ourselves over intimations of sex and alcohol use, but if they were reading
a book such as Hunger Games, there would be little concern for 8th graders
reading about killing and torture.  This is not disparaging of any
individual because I feel like I have to do it too.  And I know it's not a
new phenomenon; it's been this way for what seems like forever (and maybe
it has been).  It's just a remark on our long-held societal values:
killing=appropriate; sex=inappropriate.

John Moranski

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 8:13 AM, Email list for the Illinois School Library