[ISLMA-Share] Book recs

Thu Feb 9 15:54:21 CST 2017

Yankee Girl

Merry Beth Seward, Librarian

Lincoln Elementary School

3545 S. 61st Avenue

Cicero, IL. 60804

708-652-8889

________________________________
From: islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info <islma-bounces at list.railslibraries.info> on behalf of Email list for the Illinois School Library Media Association <islma at list.railslibraries.info>
Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 4:06:07 PM
To: ISLMA group
Subject: [ISLMA-Share] Book recs

Hello! I need recommendations for 2 areas of classroom sets.

1. My 6th grade teachers are looking for books to use for lit circles regarding animal intelligence. Some ideas we had are A Dog's Life, Runt, Endangered, and A Dog's Purpose. Any new or better ideas would be very appreciated.

2. My 8th graders teachers are looking for books to use for lit circles regarding civil rights. Some ideas I had are Port Chicago 50, Warriors Don't Cry, Lions of Little Rock, and the Rock and the River. We definitely want something that is appropriate AND interesting for 8th graders. I would greatly appreciate all recommendations.

Thank you!
Rikki Steinmetz
rikkir77 at gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone