[ISLMA-Share] Assistants hired as teachers

Thu Feb 9 21:56:35 CST 2017

For the last 3 years, I've had a beyond fabulous assistant (yes, I know I'm
lucky!) who seriously goes above and beyond and has won the respect of
every teacher and student in our building.

The problem? Her heart is really in the classroom and she's been holding
out for open teaching positions within our school. She just found out there
won't be any openings next year either and her heart is broken.

My question: are there districts that actually hire from the outside pool
of applicants rather than from within? Any suggestions or advice for her?

Thanks!
--
Lisa Talbert

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
--St. Augustine